Our mornings together. Coffee, make-up and cuddles.
- My confidence would go up and down. Some days it was great, others I doubted myself all day long. Walking into the office with 5 hours’ broken sleep were the toughest. I should have been kinder to myself on those days.
- My colleagues loved having me back and bought my cups of coffee when I needed it most - thanks guys.
- Sunglasses became a necessary handbag item. Some were so tough, like being on a rollercoaster. I felt conflicted, torn in two, one part of me wanted to be at work, the other at home with my baby...I never imagined sitting at my desk, with every part of me yearning to hold George.
- Not everything fitted. My body changed. I thought it would bounce back more quickly. It didn't. I bought some Bridget Jones style undies. In every colour, thank you. I’d brought a human into the world. It didn’t matter that I couldn’t get into my old corporate get-up.
- Falling asleep on the couch on Friday nights by 8pm became a weekly thing. By the end of the week, I was shattered. Luckily I’ve got an incredibly understanding husband - I wasn’t great company!